We’re looking for a Lead Engineer to organize, oversee and optimize the work of the Engineering Team throughout the development process. Our ideal candidate will have the curiosity to tackle cutting-edge technical challenges, the experience to apply tried-and-true solutions, and the discipline to determine the difference.
- Work with the Technical Director and other leads to plan and prioritize game features and engineering tasks
- Oversee the Engineering Team as they spec and implement these features
- Monitor the team’s work to ensure it meets quality and scheduling goals
- Personally lead the engineering process on difficult or critical features
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 8+ years’ experience as a Gameplay or Engine Programmer
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 recommended
- Highwire is built on mutual trust and respect. As a team, we value honesty, authenticity, and professionalism. We are committed to building an ethical, trustworthy company, and we expect the same high standards from everyone we work with.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for you and your family.
- Sustainable Development. Even before the pandemic, we have prioritized flexibility and balance for our team, encouraging responsible self-regulation, part- or full-time remote work, reasonable production demands and disciplined, transparent leadership.
- Untracked Time Off. If your work is getting done, determine your own schedule and vacation days – your health and your family’s comes first.
- “Even-Split” Profit-sharing Program. When the game makes money, the team makes money, without drawn out vesting schedules or steep seniority tiers.
If you have any questions or would like to apply, contact us with your resume at email@example.com.