We are looking for a Character Technical Animator to take responsibility for our character and animation pipeline, from construction through in-engine implementation, including how they are combined and played during gameplay. Our ideal candidate has an exhaustive understanding of every stage of character creation and a mastery of the tools and techniques required to produce high quality results.
- Work with the Animation Director to define an efficient character pipeline
- Implement the necessary components of that pipeline, including weight and rigging characters, cleaning motion capture data, organizing animation graphs, and tuning the in-engine results
- Serve as the “glue” between Character Art, Animation, Tools, and Engineering teams
- Evaluate the final results and iterate to polish the final quality
- Demonstrated ability to build and improve a high-quality character pipeline
- 4+ years’ experience in a Tech Art role
- Familiarity with MotionBuilder and Unreal Engine 4 recommended
- Highwire is built on mutual trust and respect. As a team, we value honesty, authenticity, and professionalism. We are committed to building an ethical, trustworthy company, and we expect the same high standards from everyone we work with.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for you and your family.
- Sustainable Development. Even before the pandemic, we have prioritized flexibility and balance for our team, encouraging responsible self-regulation, part- or full-time remote work, reasonable production demands and disciplined, transparent leadership.
- Untracked Time Off. If your work is getting done, determine your own schedule and vacation days – your health and your family’s comes first.
- “Even-Split” Profit-sharing Program. When the game makes money, the team makes money, without drawn out vesting schedules or steep seniority tiers.
If you have any questions or would like to apply, contact us with your resume at email@example.com.