We’re looking for a Lead System Designer to take primary responsibility for designing, implementing and tuning a variety of game mechanics, including controls, combat and other player-facing systems. On our team, Designers have a hybrid role, requiring both creative vision and the technical proficiency to bring that vision to life.
- Work with the Game Director to describe and prioritize desired game mechanics
- Thoroughly plan and document game mechanics and break them into tasks
- Prototype mechanics quickly and appraise them decisively
- Lead a group of artists, engineers, animators and others to implement these game mechanics
- Evaluate and iterate on the gameplay based on player feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to craft a set of mutually interlocking mechanics and systems to create a specific gameplay experience
- 8+ years experience in a Design role
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 recommended
- Highwire is built on mutual trust and respect. As a team, we value honesty, authenticity, and professionalism. We are committed to building an ethical, trustworthy company, and we expect the same high standards from everyone we work with.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for you and your family.
- Sustainable Development. Even before the pandemic, we have prioritized flexibility and balance for our team, encouraging responsible self-regulation, part- or full-time remote work, reasonable production demands, and disciplined, transparent leadership.
- Untracked Time Off. If your work is getting done, determine your own schedule and vacation days – your health and your family’s comes first.
- “Even-Split” Profit-sharing Program. When the game makes money, the team makes money, without drawn out vesting schedules or steep seniority tiers.
If you have any questions or would like to apply, contact us with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.