We’re looking for a Network Engineer to work with our Tech, Design, and QA teams to create and maintain features for multiplayer gameplay and online services. The ideal candidate will be a gamer at heart, with a deep understanding of how networking trade-offs impact game feel and the player experience.
- Implement and maintain multiplayer features, including synchronization of procedurally generated environments
- Integrate features that depend on platform backend services such as Steam, PSN, and Xbox Live
- Leverage external backend and content storage and delivery services such as AWS
- Use existing features of Unreal Engine 4 to simplify, solidify, and automate the QA testing process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science (network specialization is preferred)
- Shipped at least one online multiplayer title as a network engineer
- Strong knowledge of C++ and game development
- Bonus qualifications: Unreal Engine 4, Steam/PSN/Xbox Live development experience, AWS experience
- Highwire is built on mutual trust and respect. As a team, we value honesty, authenticity, and professionalism. We are committed to building an ethical, trustworthy company, and we expect the same high standards from everyone we work with.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for you and your family.
- Sustainable Development. Even before the pandemic, we have prioritized flexibility and balance for our team, encouraging responsible self-regulation, part- or full-time remote work, reasonable production demands and disciplined, transparent leadership.
- Untracked Time Off. If your work is getting done, determine your own schedule and vacation days – your health and your family’s comes first.
- “Even-Split” Profit-sharing Program. When the game makes money, the team makes money, without drawn out vesting schedules or steep seniority tiers.
If you have any questions or would like to apply, contact us with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.