We’re looking for a Cinematic Designer to implement story-driven in-engine cut scenes and dialog sequences as part of a historically based military shooter. You will provide the glue between documentary footage, cinematics, and mission gameplay, reinforcing emotional beats and ensuring mission objectives are clearly communicated to players. The ideal candidate should have a great understanding of storytelling through Unreal, as well as an animator’s skills for composition and movement.
- Work with the Creative Director and Activity Leads to define all in-engine narrative moments
- Implement each level sequence from block-out to final polish
- Create story narrative cutscenes to support mission continuity of the story with gameplay.
- 3+ years experience as a Cinematic Designer
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4, including its level sequence tool
- Familiarity with 3D software (MotionBuilder and Maya)
- An animator’s eye for timing, layout and editing
- Highwire is built on mutual trust and respect. As a team, we value honesty, authenticity, and professionalism. We are committed to building an ethical, trustworthy company, and we expect the same high standards from everyone we work with.
- Hybrid Culture. Work remotely or in the studio; if Seattle is your home, the choice is yours.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for you and your family.
- Sustainable Development. Even before the pandemic, we have prioritized flexibility and balance for our team, encouraging responsible self-regulation, part- or full-time remote work, reasonable production demands and disciplined, transparent leadership.
- Untracked Time Off. If your work is getting done, determine your own schedule and vacation days – your health and your family’s comes first.
- “Even-Split” Profit-sharing Program. When the game makes money, the team makes money, without drawn-out vesting schedules or steep seniority tiers.
If you have any questions or would like to apply, contact us with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.