We’re looking for an Engineer to work with our Tech, Design, and QA teams to
create and maintain features for gameplay, engine, and tools. Our ideal candidate
will have the curiosity to tackle cutting-edge technical challenges, the experience
to apply tried-and-true solutions, and the discipline to determine the difference.
- Collaborate across multiple teams on features, debugging, and maintaining an optimal workflow
- Implement and maintain gameplay and engine features that account for networking, multiplayer, and procedurally generated environments
- Extend engine and custom tool functionality, with the insight to determine warranted changes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of C++ and game development
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 recommended
- 2+ years’ experience as a Gameplay or Engine Programmer
- Bonus qualifications: Steam/EOS/PSN/Xbox Live development, UI/Slate
- Highwire is built on mutual trust and respect. As a team, we value honesty, authenticity, and professionalism. We are committed to building an ethical, trustworthy company, and we expect the same high standards from everyone we work with.
- Hybrid Culture. Work remotely or in the studio; if Seattle is your home, the choice is yours.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for you and your family.
- Sustainable Development. Even before the pandemic, we have prioritized flexibility and balance for our team, encouraging responsible self-regulation, part- or full-time remote work, reasonable production demands and disciplined, transparent leadership.
- Untracked Time Off. If your work is getting done, determine your own schedule and vacation days – your health and your family’s comes first.
- “Even-Split” Profit-sharing Program. When the game makes money, the team makes money, without drawn out vesting schedules or steep seniority tiers.
If you have any questions or would like to apply, contact us with your resume at email@example.com.