We’re looking for a Senior Mission Designer to design and implement missions as part of a historically-based story campaign, focusing on the player’s emotional engagement and detailed authenticity. On our team, Mission Designers have a hybrid role, requiring both creative vision and the technical proficiency to bring that vision to life.
- Work with the Creative Director to establish the overall arc and pacing of each mission
- Thoroughly plan and document missions in detail
- Set up objectives and encounters, script mission events, and assemble all mission assets
- Evaluate and iterate on missions based on playtest feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years’ experience in a Mission Design role
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 recommended
- Highwire is built on mutual trust and respect. As a team, we value honesty, authenticity, and professionalism. We are committed to building an ethical, trustworthy company, and we expect the same high standards from everyone we work with.
- Hybrid Culture. Our team is already working remotely across 8 different states. And, if Seattle is your home, for most roles, you’re free to work at home or in the studio.
- 401K, Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for you and your family.
- Sustainable Development. Even before the pandemic, we’ve prioritized flexibility and balance for our team, encouraging responsible self-regulation, working remotely part- or full-time, reasonable production demands, and disciplined, transparent leadership.
- Flexible PTO. We don’t limit our team to a set number of days off. If your work is getting done, you’ll get flexibility in determining your schedule and vacation days.
- Equitable Profit-sharing Program. When the game makes money, the team makes money, without drawn-out vesting schedules or steep seniority tiers.
- Impact. Our mid-sized team and highly visible products mean your work will make a big difference in games that millions of players all over the world will experience.
If you have any questions or would like to apply, contact us with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.