We’re looking for a Graphics Programmer to help us create exceptional experiences on video game consoles, brainstorm new graphics and visual features with game designers and technical artists, and research how to implement and integrate visual innovations with Unreal Engine. This includes implementing and supporting C++ and HLSL shader code, and debugging and diagnosing problems with the system during development and future releases. Our ideal candidate will have experience programming on either Xbox or PlayStation, the curiosity to tackle cutting-edge technical challenges, the knowledge to apply tried-and-true solutions, and the experience to determine the difference.
- Drive features and performance of our multi-platform code on Unreal Engine across PlayStation and Xbox consoles
- Parse through large, complicated rendering systems in both C++ and shader code, and discern how the two are coupled and work together
- Utilize graphics debugging and performance tools like RenderDoc and nVidia nSight, knowing when and how to use them
- Collaborate with team members of all disciplines to design and implement new features to the existing graphics pipeline
- Extensive math skills to draw upon when needed (ie, Spherical Harmonics)
- Shipped titles on either PlayStation or Xbox
- UE4 Rendering Pipeline experience
- Strong C++ and HLSL coding skills
- Experience with complicated GPU particle systems (UE4’s Niagara is a plus)
- Graphics performance optimization experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 4+ years’ experience as a Gameplay, Engine, or Graphics Programmer
- Highwire is built on mutual trust and respect. As a team, we value honesty, authenticity, and professionalism. We are committed to building an ethical, trustworthy company, and we expect the same high standards from everyone we work with.
- Hybrid Culture. Our team is already working remotely across 8 different states. And, if Seattle is your home, for most roles, you’re free to work at home or in the studio.
- 401K, Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for you and your family.
- Sustainable Development. Even before the pandemic, we’ve prioritized flexibility and balance for our team, encouraging responsible self-regulation, working remotely part- or full-time, reasonable production demands, and disciplined, transparent leadership.
- Flexible PTO. We don’t limit our team to a set number of days off. If your work is getting done, you’ll get flexibility in determining your schedule and vacation days.
- Equitable Profit-sharing Program. When the game makes money, the team makes money, without drawn-out vesting schedules or steep seniority tiers.
- Impact. Our mid-sized team and highly visible products mean your work will make a big difference in games that millions of players all over the world will experience.
If you have any questions or would like to apply, contact us with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.