We’re looking for a Lead Engineer to organize, oversee and optimize the work of the Engineering Team throughout the development process. Our ideal candidate will have the curiosity to tackle cutting-edge technical challenges, the experience to apply tried-and-true solutions, and the discipline to determine the difference.
- Work with the Technical Director and other leads to plan and prioritize game features and engineering tasks
- Oversee the Engineering Team as they spec and implement these features
- Monitor the team’s work to ensure it meets quality and scheduling goals
- Personally lead the engineering process on difficult or critical features
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 8+ years’ experience as a Gameplay or Engine Programmer
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 recommended
- Highwire is built on mutual trust and respect. As a team, we value honesty, authenticity, and professionalism. We are committed to building an ethical, trustworthy company, and we expect the same high standards from everyone we work with.
- Hybrid Culture. Our team is already working remotely across 8 different states. And, if Seattle is your home, for most roles, you’re free to work at home or in the studio.
- 401K, Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for you and your family.
- Sustainable Development. Even before the pandemic, we’ve prioritized flexibility and balance for our team, encouraging responsible self-regulation, working remotely part- or full-time, reasonable production demands, and disciplined, transparent leadership.
- Flexible PTO. We don’t limit our team to a set number of days off. If your work is getting done, you’ll get flexibility in determining your schedule and vacation days.
- Equitable Profit-sharing Program. When the game makes money, the team makes money, without drawn-out vesting schedules or steep seniority tiers.
- Impact. Our mid-sized team and highly visible products mean your work will make a big difference in games that millions of players all over the world will experience.
If you have any questions or would like to apply, contact us with your resume at email@example.com.